Thursday, April 4, 2013

Writing Woes: Amateurs

Last fall, I worked. A lot. I was pulling 40 hour weeks for the first time in my life.

You know what I learned?

Being on your feet for 40 hours a week is REALLY tiring.

Basically, I slept between work. Constantly. I didn't have a life and I didn't write. I didn't apply for grad school. I didn't do anything I wanted to do.

Except paid bills. I liked those paychecks.

So I decided I needed to focus. And school was focusing.

I would take a writing class.

While I don't see it as a mistake, I don't think I should have taken a 200 level writing course at my community college.

These kids are amateurs.

So amateur that I only receive really good comments from my professor and one other guy in the class who is taking this as seriously as I am.

Point:
I really miss Bailey being my editor.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! Can I just say that I really miss Dylan and Meredith? We ended with an unresolved kiss at homecoming! This has been torturing me for over a year!!

    P.S. When I'm done with the crazy schedules of grad school, we should really both make an effort to chat about writing again. I miss you, too.

    ReplyDelete