Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Inspiration Woes

I love to write. Really.

I love sitting at my computer and seeing my fingers dance along the keyboard as the words in my head appear on the screen.

Holy crap, that was poetic.

But really, though. It's magical when the ideas and stories you create in your head become real on a page. When you can read it and still see the stories in your head as you first imagined them.

Sometimes, the words don't always fall out as easily as I want.

Inspiration woes.

Normally, when this happens, I try to just carry on. Just keep typing until I see what I want or until I what I want just magically comes out of my head.

Sometimes, I go for a walk.

Actually, that never happens. Who goes for a walk?

Sometimes, I take a shower. That works.

Sometimes, I just don't write.

Sometimes, I tweet.

Or listen to Pandora.

Or play some stupid facebook game.

There is nothing so fulfilling as beating a hard level of Candy Crush Saga.


It's always good to distract yourself. Let the story brew in your head before you sit down to your paper or computer.



I can talk about finding inspiration for hours.

But I really should just write instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment